ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT COVID-19
CALENDAR OF EVENTS:
9 Holy Thursday. NOON Dismissal (Online classes will end at noon)
10-17 Easter Break
20 Online Classes Resume
24 Early Dismissal Day (Online classes will end at 1:30 p.m.)
4 Professional Development Day. No classes for students
4-8 Teacher Appreciation Week
11 Professional Development Day. No classes for students
15 Middle School Final Exam (ILA)
18 Professional Development Day. No classes for students
19 Middle School Final Exam (Math)
21 Middle School Final Exam ((Socials Studies)
22 Middle School Final Exam (Spanish)
25 Memorial Day – No Classes
26 Middle School Final Exam (Science)
28 Middle School Final Exam (Religion()
3 Last Day of School. NOON Dismissal
4 Teacher Work Day
5 Teacher Work Day. Report Cards Released via FACTS SIS
School Office Hours – Although St. Pius X classrooms are closed for face to face instruction, the main office remains open during regular school hours from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Please reach out should you have any questions. The best mode of communication remains emailing faculty and staff.
- Congratulations to all our students who made the Honors List for Quarter 3. We are PIUS PROUD! Honors List
- Easter Break – We will continue to observe Easter break. Rejoice our Savior is Risen! On Holy Thursday, April 8, 2020 online lessons will end at noon and online lessons/classes will resume on Monday, April 20, 2020.
- Fourth Quarter – Please know that we will continue to communicate with you on grading in the Fourth Quarter. The Diocese has stated that all schools should continue regularly grading procedures. Anticipate that we could have fewer grades this quarter. Attendance and assignments are required. Teachers will continue to take daily attendance, if your child is to ill to attend online classes, please follow school procedures for reporting that your child is ill. If you have computer / internet issues please contact the school office.
- Homework drop off – Please coordinate with your child’s teacher(s) as to what or when homework needs to be dropped off at the school.
- High School Credit Courses – 7th and 8th grade students taking high school credit courses will be awarded the credit assuming successful completion of the course through our remote / digital learning platform through Quarter 4.
- Don’t forget to order your 2019-2020 Yearbook. Cost is $28.00 each. Middle School Students – Yearbook is included in the Middle School Fee. Yearbook
- School activities and events – Although all of our activities are cancelled, we will seek ways, in accordance with Diocesan directives, to celebrate the work, effort, and successes of students at a later time (especially for our 8th graders) in one form or another once the state of emergency lifts.
- End of School Year Odds and Ends – Yearbooks, textbooks, library books, etc. When we develop a plan / schedule, we will let you know how we will wrap up the year with the distribution and collection of student materials and possessions that have remained.
- Medicine – Medicine is ready for pick up. Families with medication have been contacted,
- Parent Volunteer Hours and Middle School Student Service Hours – Thank you to our St. Pius X families who have logged in hours this year. Families are not required to log in any further hours at this point. Consider your service hours fulfilled. This is also true for student service hours for our Middle School students.
- Virtue of the Month Yard Signs – We are still working on ensuring that nominees receive Virtue of the Month yard signs. Please remember that the yard signs are school property and we will let you know when they have to be returned to the school.
- Uniform Changes – Effective 2020-2021 School Year, all uniforms will be required to have the updated school logo. Students will be able to continue to use the previous uniform with the previous school logo through the end of the 2019 – 2020 school year only.
2019-2020 BOYS UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS
2019-2020 GIRLS UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS
Uniforms with the new school logo can be purchased from Lands’ End (Preferred School Number: 900157769) and Flynn O’Hara.
Flynn O’Hara Website
- Business Office Matters:
Mom-Son Dance, field trips, milk/lunch accounts, sports registrations, etc. – Our coaches, activity coordinators, and/or the Business Office will reach out directly to families to discuss refund of fees should they apply. *Please remember that Activity Fees paid during the year are nonrefundable.
Financial Aid Awards for the 2020-21 School Year – Round 1 – We are still awaiting details from the Finance Department at the Diocese regarding Round 1 tuition assistance awards. However, we remind you that Round 2 applications are presently being accepted through June 1, 2020.
- Re-registration for the 2020-2021 school year. Families can still re-register at the discounted fee of $40.00 per student. New enrollment registration fee is $75.00. Registration forms will not be accepted without payment. Registration Form ( Please fill out one form for each student)
Stay safe, wash your hands and practice social distancing.