THANK YOU FIRST RESPONDERS! STAY SAFE!
ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT COVID-19
CALENDAR OF EVENTS:
9 Holy Thursday.
10-17 Easter Break
20 Online Classes Resume
24 Early Dismissal Day (Online classes will end at 1:30 p.m.)
27 Professional Development Day. No classes for students
4 Professional Development Day. No classes for students
4-8 Teacher Appreciation Week
11 Professional Development Day. No classes for students
15 Middle School Final Exam (ILA)
18 Professional Development Day. No classes for students
19 Middle School Final Exam (Math)
21 Middle School Final Exam (Social Studies)
22 Middle School Final Exam (Spanish)
25 Memorial Day – No Classes
26 Middle School Final Exam (Science)
28 Middle School Final Exam (Religion)
3 Last Day of School. NOON Dismissal
4 Teacher Work Day
5 Teacher Work Day. Report Cards Released via FACTS SIS
- School Office Hours – The School Office will be closed from Friday, April 10 to Friday, April 17 for the Easter Holiday. The best way to reach us will be by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leaving a voice message at (757) 588-6171.
- Easter Break – Rejoice our Savior is Risen! On Holy Thursday, April 8, 2020 online lessons will end at noon and online lessons/classes will resume on Monday, April 20, 2020.
- Holy Week Livestream – St. Pius X Church will livestream Mass on their website (https://www.piusxparish.org/) and Facebook page.
– Holy Thursday – Evening Mass of the Lord’s Supper at 7:00 p.m.
– Good Friday – Liturgy of the Lord’s Passion at 3:00 p.m.
– Easter Vigil at 8:00 p.m.
– Easter Sunday at 9:00 a.m.
- Show and Share your Creations – During Easter Break, if you’re self-isolating at home and are doing something creative to pass the time, share your creations with us! Whether it’s art, baking, theme nights with your family, sewing mask for first responders, backyard camping, etc., we would love to see them! Email your photos to share on social media to Mrs. French at email@example.com. Please limit your photos to one per family.
- Pirate’s Point Spring Edition – Welcome to the Spring Edition of the Pirates Point! We hope to
bring a little light into your life during this unprecedented time. Thank you to our 8th grade class for putting it together. Enjoy! Pirates Point Spring Edition
- Don’t forget to order your 2019-2020 Yearbook. Cost is $28.00 each. Middle School Students – Yearbook is included in the Middle School Fee. Yearbook
- Fourth Quarter – Please know that we will continue to communicate with you on grading in the Fourth Quarter. The Diocese has stated that all schools should continue regularly grading procedures. Anticipate that we could have fewer grades this quarter. Attendance and assignments are required. Teachers will continue to take daily attendance, if your child is to ill to attend online classes, please follow school procedures for reporting that your child is ill. If you have computer / internet issues please contact the school office.
- High School Credit Courses – 7th and 8th grade students taking high school credit courses will be awarded the credit assuming successful completion of the course through our remote / digital learning platform through Quarter 4.
- Lifetouch Spring Pictures – Picture proof sheets are in. If you would like to purchase your child’s picture you will have to visit mylifetouch.com and contact the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org for the Portrait ID number and Access Code. Families that pre-paid for their child’s pictures have already been contacted.
- Uniform Changes – Effective 2020-2021 School Year, all uniforms will be required to have the updated school logo. Students will be able to continue to use the previous uniform with the previous school logo through the end of the 2019 – 2020 school year only.
2019-2020 BOYS UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS
2019-2020 GIRLS UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS
Uniforms with the new school logo can be purchased from Lands’ End (Preferred School Number: 900157769) and Flynn O’Hara.
Flynn O’Hara Website
- Business Office Matters:
Mom-Son Dance, field trips, milk/lunch accounts, sports registrations, etc. – Our coaches, activity coordinators, and/or the Business Office will reach out directly to families to discuss refund of fees should they apply. *Please remember that Activity Fees paid during the year are nonrefundable.
Financial Aid Awards for the 2020-21 School Year – Round 1 – We are still awaiting details from the Finance Department at the Diocese regarding Round 1 tuition assistance awards. However, we remind you that Round 2 applications are presently being accepted through June 1, 2020.
- Re-registration for the 2020-2021 school year. Families can still re-register at the discounted fee of $40.00 per student. New enrollment registration fee is $75.00. Registration forms will not be accepted without payment. Registration Form ( Please fill out one form for each student)
We miss you!!
Stay safe, wash your hands and practice social distancing.
St. Pius X School community in accordance with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church commits itself to the education of the whole child in body, mind, and spirit.
All Things New in Christ.
-Pope Pius X