ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT COVID-19 AND SCHOOL UPDATES
Information and Resources
FROM OUR PRINCIPAL, MR. ZAFRA
What to expect as students return to school on Monday, August 24, 2020.
Drop-Off Procedures Video
At each station, the following questions will be asked:
1. Have you experienced any of the following in the last 14 days?
Shortness of Breath
Other Cold or Flu Symptoms
2. In the past 14 days have you tested positive for COVID-19 or have come in contact with someone with COVID-19?
3. In the past 14 days have you traveled outside of Virginia? **Families that have traveled to a hot spot or out of the country will be required to quarantine for 14 days before the student can return to school. During quarantine students will have to follow the guidelines for virtual-remote learning.
Students will have their temperature checked prior to entering the building. Any student with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be allowed to enter the building. For the safety of faculty, staff, and students, any student riding in the same vehicle will also be asked to go home.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS:
24 First Day of School!
2 Lifetouch Individual Pictures (Students in grades K-8 must wear their Church Uniform. PK Sunday Best
7 Labor Day – No school
16 1:30 p.m. Early Dismissal for Students
25 1st Quarter Interim
30 1:30 p.m. Early Dismissal for Students
- Acknowledgment of Symptoms and Risk Form – Reminder to all St. Pius X Catholic School Families, Faculty and Staff, the school is required to have your Acknowledgment of Symptoms and Risk Form before the start of the school year (Monday, August 24). Please read, acknowledge and voluntarily assume the aforementioned risk and agree that you and everyone in your household will comply with the COVID-19 related precautionary measures set in place at schools in the Catholic Diocese of Richmond. If you have not submitted your form please complete by Friday, August 21, 2020. To access the form, please click here.
- Before and Afterschool CARES – Our CARES Program will be open starting Monday, August 24, 2020 for the 2020-2021 school year. For planning purposes and proper staffing, we ask families to please select if your child will need CARES during the school year. Please click on the survey link to submit your inputs. Survey
- Crayola Recycle Program – We are excited to announce this year, St. Pius X Catholic School will be participating in the Crayola ColorCycle program! Through this program, students can collect and repurpose used markers. ColorCycle will accept all brands of plastic markers, not just Crayola markers. Crayola ColorCycle can potentially eliminate placing hundreds of tons of markers into landfills, and instead, repurposed the markers into alternative uses. You can learn more about ColorCycle environmental initiatives by visiting https://www.crayola.com/colorcycle. Collect your markers and we will let you know collection dates.
- Family Portal- During the 2020-2021 school year, the Family Portal and school website (www.stpiusxschoolva.org) will be your source of information. Parents will be able to view/print grades, homework, school and lunch calendars, lunch order forms, view resources, and update family information, emergency contacts, and transportation. All St. Pius X families are required to log into the Family Portal and ensure your child(ren) and family information (address, email, phone numbers, contacts) are up to date. This school year all families MUST have two emergency contacts (other than parents) on file. The school office, clinic, CARES and teachers will use the phone numbers and email provided in the Family Portal to contact you. Emergency/pick-up contacts in the Family Portal are what the school office will utilize in case of an emergency or pick-up. If an individual is not listed as a pick-up, the school will not release the student unless a parent notifies the school prior to release. To update your families information, log into the Family Portal, click on the Family tab on the left, click on the student’s (top center of the page), under Online Filing Cabinet / Web Forms, please update the child(ren)’s Family Demographic Form, Custodial Parent Form, Media Release Form, and Carpool Assignment..
Parents can login by clicking the “RenWeb” button on the school website (www.stpiusxschoolva.org). District Code is SPX-VA. New families will have to enter the District Code and click on “CreateNew ParentWeb Account.” Once logged in, families can update all the required information under “Family Information.”
To view video instructions to using the Family Portal with FACTS SIS please click here..
- PK – 8th Grade Stationery (Supply) List for the 2020 – 2021 School Year – Please click on the stationery list for your child(ren)’s grade. Items in bold must be purchased from St. Pius X Catholic School (the bolded items will be in your child’s classroom on the first day of school. The cost of the items will be applied to your FACTS account).
PK3 STATIONERY LIST PK4 STATIONERY LIST K STATIONERY LIST Grade 1 2 3 STATIONERY LIST Grade 4 & 5 STATIONERY LIST Grade 6, 7 & 8 STATIONERY LIST
*FDA hand sanitizer recall list: FDA Updates on Hand Sanitizers with Methanol FDA
- Support St. Pius X Catholic School – Help St. Pius X Catholic School earn FREE educational equipment or money for education. To see how you can help click here.
Do you shop at Harris Teeter? If you do, please remember your VIC cards needs to be re-link to St. Pius X Catholic School (Code 8038) every year.
- Summer Reading and IXL – The Summer Reading and IXL Summer Adventures announcement has been released. Please click on the link Summer Reading and Math to open the announcement letter. The goal of our summer reading and IXL program is to encourage students to read for pleasure as they continue to refine their reading skills and add a splash of summer learning with IXL Math and Reading Summer Adventures.
- School Uniforms – In response to input from a number of families regarding the updated uniforms that were introduced at the start of the 2019-2020 school year, we will continue to view the 2020-2021 school year as a transition year for the updated uniform. We know this is a difficult time financially and will make this adjustment. As we did last year, the only items required by families to purchase would be the updated P.E. gym shirt and P.E. gym shorts. Although we have some of the older uniforms available for purchase, that stock is limited. If your current uniform is tattered, stained, ripped or no longer fits properly, you would need to purchase used or new replacements.
BOYS EVERY DAY UNIFORM GUIDELINES
GIRLS EVERY DAY UNIFORM GUIDELINES
Uniforms with the new school logo can be purchased from Lands’ End (Preferred School Number: 900157769) and Flynn O’Hara.
Flynn O’Hara Website
- 2019-2020 Yearbook – Yearbooks are finally here! We are still missing the 2019-2020 8th grade yearbooks. An email was sent out to families that have purchased a yearbook. Once the 8th grade yearbooks come in, families will receive an email. We have extra yearbooks for sale. If you would like to purchase a yearbook, cost is $28.00 each.
- Health and Immunization Requirements – It’s time to begin thinking about health information for your children for the 2020-2021 school year. Updated health and immunization records as well as physicals must be given to the school nurse prior to school beginning in August. Required immunizations before school begins include:
– Human Papillomavirus (HPV) for girls entering 6th grade. Please read Mrs. Lazzara’s, Superintendent of Catholic Schools letter about HPV and HPV vaccines. HPV letter from Superintendent of Catholic Schools VDH 2020 Health Guidelines for School Reentry
– Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (Tdap) immunization for ALL rising 7th grade students.Health Entry Form
No medicine of any kind, neither prescription or over the counter drugs may be given at school unless an “Administration of Medicine” form is completed. This form must be signed by the child’s doctor as well as the parent or guardian. Due to the dangers of the misuse of drugs, we must enforce this Public Health service rule. Please DO NOT put any medications in your child’s lunch box or in any way encourage the self-administration of medicine at school. This practice can endanger your child and others. Medication Administration of Medication Form
- Business Office Matters – School Office Hours– Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. We can also be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (757) 588-6171.
St. Pius X School community in accordance with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church commits itself to the education of the whole child in body, mind, and spirit.
All Things New in Christ.
-Pope Pius X