ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT COVID-19 AND SCHOOL UPDATES
Information and Resources
FROM OUR PRINCIPAL, MR. ZAFRA
State of the School Address 1.27.21
PARENT ALERT AND EMERGENCY CLOSINGS
In our effort to improve communication between parents and school, St. Pius X School is using a telephone broadcast system called FACTS SIS Parent Alert that will enable school personnel to notify all households and parents by phone within minutes of an emergency or unplanned event that causes early dismissal, school cancellation, or a late start. St. Pius X School will report school closings/delays on television channels WTKR 3, WVEC 13, and WAVY 10. A Parent Alert message via phone will be issued and information will be posted on the school Facebook page. The Parent Alert will also be used to communicate general announcements or reminders. St. Pius X School does not follow Norfolk Public Schools.
Q2 HONORS LIST
Congratulations to our 2nd Quarter Honor students. We are PIUS Proud!! Q2 Honors list
CATHOLIC SCHOOLS WEEK THEME DRESS DOWN DAYS
Monday, February 1 – Character Day – Dress up as your favorite book, comic book, movie or video game character
Tuesday, February 2 – Wacky Tacky Day – Mismatch Clothes, socks, shoes, etc.
Wednesday, February 3 – Wear Red, White, and Blue Dress to honor our nation and our military personnel
Thursday, February 4 School Mass Day – Church Uniform
Friday, February 5 – Support Your Team. In honor of the Super Bowl and all sports, come dressed to support your favorite sports team!
Dress Down Guidelines:
- Students should use good taste, common sense and observe the guidelines given by the school administrators.
- Shirts must have sleeves and cover the belt/waistline. No plunging necklines, tank tops or
halter tops. T-shirts that advertise politics, alcohol, tobacco, contraband or other inappropriate sayings are not permitted.
- Frayed, torn or unsightly jeans/pants or shoes are NOT permitted to be worn.
- Shorts are NOT allowed.
- Cosmetics and jewelry are to be worn in moderation.
- The administration is the final judge on the suitability of attire and/or appearance.
2021-2022 TUITION RATES
2021-2022 EL – JK (PK) Tuition Rates
2021-2022 K -8 Tuition Rates
FACTS RE-ENROLLMENT IS NOW OPEN
Re-enrollment Letter 1.7.2021
To access the online enrollment process please log in your FACTS Family Portal. Once logged in you will find the enrollment portal on the left side under Apply/ Enroll. Under this pull down and choose: Enrollment/ Reenrollment. The center of the screen will now read: Click here to open Enrollment. Your child(ren) should be listed here. Please complete the Online Enrollment forms listed in the left hand menu, beginning with the Enrollee Information form. If you would like to add a new child that is not currently enrolled, please use the Application section to do so.
Feedback will be provided throughout the process to help you complete the enrollment packet. A yellow caution sign will appear in the menu next to forms that are missing required information. If a form contains all required information, a green check mark will appear next to the form’s menu item. **Please note – under the FACTS section- all students will need to choose a payment plan through FACTS in order to submit application. Please click on BEGIN (located near the bottom) and you will be redirected to FACTS Payment Plans. Once completed you will be redirected back to your Reenrollment packet.
You can review the entire enrollment packet at any time by selecting the Enrollment Packet Review item on the left menu. From here, you will also be able to print a PDF of the enrollment packet in its current state.
After you have completed the enrollment packet, a Submit Enrollment Packet and Make Payment form will appear. Please follow the instructions that will be provided to submit the enrollment packet along with the enrollment fee payment of $75 for returning students only.
In order to complete the enrollment process, please complete the checklist items listed on the page. below, including submission of all supplemental enrollment forms.
After your enrollment packet is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. At any time, you can re-access Online Enrollment through your Family Portal login to print the supplemental enrollment forms or a PDF copy of the completed enrollment packet.
If you have any questions about the process, please contact Mrs. Burfield at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mrs. Weidman at email@example.com.
FACTS IS NOW ACCEPTING FINANCIAL AID APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR
Your FACTS application and ALL supporting documents must be submitted by March 1, 2021 to be considered for Round 1. The application can be found on your FACTS account. For questions or concerns please contact Mrs. Weidman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAMILY EVENT AT FUDDRUCKERS (PICK-UP ONLY)
Don’t forget to mark your calendars for our next Family Night at Fuddruckers on Thursday, February 4 from 10:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.. 15% of your bill will be donated to our school! Must order online using code: PIUS. Please see flyer for more information:
SPRING SHOPPER CATALOG FUNDRAISER, JANUARY 25 – MAY 1
St. Pius X School is holding an online shopping fundraiser featuring over 500 seasonal items. 40% of ALL sales will be donated to St. Pius X School. Please see attached flyer for website and information on how to register. ** Please note – on the Registration Form a Teacher / Team name is not required to complete the registration. PIUS can be entered into that block but is not required.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS:
22 Report Cards Released via Family Portal
31 Open House
31-6 Feb Catholic Schools Week
1 Start of Black History Month
4 School Family Event at Fuddruckers
10 1:30 p.m. Early Dismissal. Class pictures postponed for a later date.
11 School Family Event at Antonio’s Italian Restaurant
15 President’s Day – School and CARES CLOSED
17 ASH Wednesday
18 School Family Event at Jason’s Deli
19 3rd Quarter Interims
23-Mar 6 School Family Event POWND Cakes by Jen Gourmet Bakery
25 School Family Event My Mama’s Kitchen
26 Parent / Teacher Conference Day from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (No School for Students)
- WHEN SHOULD A CHILD STAY HOME FROM SCHOOL – Parents and guardians need to evaluate their child every day before sending their child to school. Please help us keep our community safe by keeping your child home when showing any COVID-19 or flu like symptoms and if anyone in the household is experiencing signs of COVID-19 such as:
Fever (100.4 F or above)
Muscle or Body Aches
Loss of Taste or Smell
- VIRTUAL LEARNING – Parents/Guardians with students who are not signed up for remote learning must notify the school and homeroom teacher by email no later than 7:15 a.m. why the student will not be in school and has to be virtual for the day. Guidelines for Virtual-Remote Learning – Link to Guidelines for Virtual-Remote Learning
- SCHOOL UNIFORM REMINDER – Only school uniform sweaters are allowed to be worn during the day with the regular and dress school uniforms School sweatshirts may ONLY be worn with the gym uniform on PE days. Students not wearing school regulated sweaters/sweatshirts will be asked to have them removed at the start of the school day.During the 2021-2022 school year students will be required to wear the updated uniform with the new school logo. Uniforms with the new school logo can be purchased from Lands’ End (Preferred School Number: 900157769) and Flynn O’Hara.
Flynn O’Hara Website
- Support St. Pius X Catholic School – Help St. Pius X Catholic School earn FREE educational equipment or money for education.
Box Tops – No more clipping! Please don’t forget to download the Box Tops app and scan your receipts for St Pius X Catholic School this year. (School ID 126804) Box Tops App
Amazon – While online shopping, please remember to designate St. Pius Catholic School as your charity of choice for AmazonSmile! Here is the link Amazon Smile
Harris Teeter – Do you shop at Harris Teeter? If you do, please remember your VIC card needs to be re-linked to St. Pius X Catholic School (Code 8038) every year.
- Face Mask – Please ensure your child has an extra face mask in their classroom at all times Please make sure the extra face mask is in a ziploc bag labeled with your child’s name and grade.
- Flu Shots – If your child(ren) will be getting their flu shot this year, please notify Mrs. Pile by email (email@example.com) before the student’s scheduled appointment. This will help us track students who may display symptoms.
- Family Service Hours – All our St. Pius X families are required to do 20 service hours per year (10 hours single parents). Parent volunteers are needed to help with the Home & School Association, St. Pius X Athletic Association, Auction, and Christmas Bazaar. Throughout the year, various volunteer opportunities will be listed in the communique. We ask that each family keep track of their own hours using the Service Hours tab on FACTS SIS. Those unable to volunteer may opt to pay $5 per hour (or $100 total). All school volunteers must complete or have completed the Diocesan volunteer requirements. Visit http://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/ to complete the ScreeningOne application and register for VIRTUS training.
- Family Portal- During the 2020-2021 school year, the Family Portal and school website (www.stpiusxschoolva.org) will be your source of information. Parents will be able to view/print grades, homework, school and lunch calendars, lunch order forms, view resources, and update family information, emergency contacts, and transportation. All St. Pius X families are required to log into the Family Portal and ensure your child(ren) and family information (address, email, phone numbers, contacts) are up to date. This school year all families MUST have two emergency contacts (other than parents) on file. The school office, clinic, CARES and teachers will use the phone numbers and email provided in the Family Portal to contact you. Emergency/pick-up contacts in the Family Portal are what the school office will utilize in case of an emergency or pick-up. If an individual is not listed as a pick-up, the school will not release the student unless a parent notifies the school prior to release. To update your families information, log into the Family Portal, click on the Family tab on the left, click on the student’s (top center of the page), under Online Filing Cabinet / Web Forms, please update the child(ren)’s Family Demographic Form, Custodial Parent Form, Media Release Form, and Carpool Assignment..
Parents can login by clicking the “RenWeb” button on the school website (www.stpiusxschoolva.org). District Code is SPX-VA. New families will have to enter the District Code and click on “CreateNew ParentWeb Account.” Once logged in, families can update all the required information under “Family Information.”
To view video instructions to using the Family Portal with FACTS SIS please click here..
- Diocese Digital Communication and Media Release Policy – The NEW form went home with students on Wednesday, September 9. Another form was sent home to families that have not completed and returned the form to school. Please complete and return by Friday, October 2. Release Form
- CARES Program – The program is designed to provide St. Pius X School students with a before and after school supervised care program. CARES Program fee is $6.00 per child per hour.
- Arrival Time – The school day begins at 8:00 a.m. This means the school doors will be locked at 8:00 a.m. promptly. Students who are not in their classroom or arrive past 8:00 a.m. must report to the school office accompanied by a parent/guardian to pick up a late slip. It is in your child’s best interest to arrive at school on time, so they can participate in daily learning activities. Our goal is to make every day a great day by making the most of every minute of the day! Please be on time!
- Picking- Up Students Early from School – To facilitate afternoon dismissal, we ask all parents / guardians who are checking out their student(s) early from school (for example, doctor’s appointments) to do so by 2:00 p.m. Parent/Guardian must have a picture ID with them.
- Crayola Recycle Program – We are excited to announce this year, St. Pius X Catholic School will be participating in the Crayola ColorCycle program! Through this program, students can collect and repurpose used markers. ColorCycle will accept all brands of plastic markers, not just Crayola markers. Crayola ColorCycle can potentially eliminate placing hundreds of tons of markers into landfills, and instead, repurposed the markers into alternative uses. You can learn more about ColorCycle environmental initiatives by visiting https://www.crayola.com/colorcycle. Collect your markers and we will let you know collection dates.
St. Pius X School community in accordance with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church commits itself to the education of the whole child in body, mind, and spirit.
All Things New in Christ.
-Pope Pius X