CALENDAR OF EVENTS
17 Red & Green dress down $1
17 1:30 Dismissal – No After-CARES
17 Employee Christmas Event
20-31 Christmas Break
3 Classes Resume
3 Winter Performance Series
10 Virtue of the Month
14 End of Marking Period
17 School Closed-MLK Day
21 Report Cards Released
ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT COVID-19 AND SCHOOL UPDATES
Information and Resources
NEWS AND EVENTS
Dress Down Guideline:
- Students should use good taste, common sense and observe the guidelines given by the school administrators.
- Shirts must have sleeves and cover the belt/waistline. No plunging necklines, tank tops or halter tops. T-shirts that advertise alcohol, tobacco, contraband or other inappropriate sayings are not permitted.
- Frayed, torn/ripped or unsightly jeans/pants/shorts or shoes are NOT permitted to be worn.
- No shorts are allowed.
- Cosmetics and jewelry are to be worn in moderation.
Friendly reminder to make sure your child wears his/her coat to school on cold weather days!
Hot Lunch Orders
The lunch menu for the first week of January will come out during Christmas break, please keep an eye on your email.
Attention students interested in Tennis!
PAPA JOHN’S DOLLARS FOR DOUGH!!
In addition to Papa John’s, remember to show our other school sponsor, Fuddruckers your support. 10% of all proceeds will be donated to the school.
St. Pius X Church News
Children’s Liturgy of the Word needs leaders! We would like to provide this special time for children 3-6 yrs of age. Children would leaven 11 am mass after the beginning prayer and return at the collection time. The little group would discuss the scripture reading at their level. Training will be provided for the leaders. Call Cass in the parish office or email firstname.lastname@example.org
First Reconciliation and First Eucharist: We invite all Catholic 2nd graders and older to St. Pius X First Sacrament preparation. Sacramental Prep will start January 2022. First Reconciliation class will be on Saturday Mornings. Dates will be shared in November. First Eucharist celebration will be after Easter this Spring. Registration is online or you may call Cass in the parish office at 757-583-0291 ext. 13.
RCIA: Adults: Do you want to learn about the Catholic Church? Can we help you as an adult get ready for First Communion? We can assist you with these processes. Come to St. Pius X Catholic Church Open House for inquirers on October 5th at 6:30 pm in the Church. We also invite children over the age of 7 who have not been Baptized and/or received First Eucharist to enter our Children’s RCIA. Please call Cass in the parish office for information.
Baptisms: Do you have an infant or young child whom you would like Baptized? Please call Cass in the parish office to register for class and information about the next Baptisms at the parish.
Middle School Ministry: Join Us at 12:00 pm on Sunday!
Welcome to our High School Dinner Nights as promised for ADVENT. We hope you can join us each Wednesday listed below. We will meet at a local restaurant near our Parish for fellowship and dinner. We will kick off on November 17th @ 7pm. Restaurant will be disclosed Sunday 14th to those who sign up. Use the link Wednesday Dinner Night to sign up.
- Sacraments. Mass will be celebrated on both Saturday and Sunday with all attendees. In addition, opportunities for Eucharistic Adoration and the Sacrament of Reconciliation will be available.
- Breakout Sessions. We will offer breakout sessions for adults and youth focused on engaging topics, including several panel-type discussions.
- Diocesan Youth Choir. We invite interested youth to participate in the Diocesan Youth Choir for Sunday Mass at DYC. Participants need to indicate if they would like to participate on their registration; these participants and their youth ministers will be notified about rehearsals during the weekend.
Reserve your spot with $50 Deposit and Registration form
Please use DYC 2022 to sign up.
St. Pius X School community in accordance with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church commits itself to the education of the whole child in body, mind, and spirit.
All Things New in Christ.
-Pope Pius X