19 Home & School Meeting at 5:30 p.m. in the Teacher’s Lounge
20 No School Mass. Students need to wear their regular school uniform or PE uniform for students that have PE.
23 Family Event at Guads Mexican Restaurant from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
25 Home & School Mardi Gras Cake Event for Students
26 Ash Wednesday. Mass at 8:30 am. All are welcome!
4 Lifetouch Spring Pictures (Students may wear their Sunday best)
5 Mass at 8:30 am. All are welcome!
8 Daylight Saving Time
12 Mass at 8:30 am. All are welcome!
16 Virtue of the Month Ceremony (Gym). Blood Drive in the Parish Hall from 2:45 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
17 St. Patrick’s Day
19 Mass at 8:30 am. All are welcome!
20 End of 3rd Marking Period. NOON Dismissal
21 Mother-Son Dance at 6:00 p.m. in the Parish Hall
23 No School for Students. PD for Faculty and Staff
27 Report Cards Released via FACTS SIS
- Re-registration for our current families is now open. Families that re-register before February 29 will only pay $40 per student re-registration versus $75 (A $35 savings per student.). Please fill out one form for each student. Re-registration forms will not be accepted without payment. Registration Form (A registration form will be going home with each student today)
Returning Families please make sure you also set up your 2020-2021 FACTS account. We hope you will continue to be part of our school community and be an active participant as we continue to grow.
- Home & School meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, February 19 at 5:30 p.m. in the Teachers’ Lounge. Join us to discuss upcoming school events. Topics of discussion are Mardi Gras Cake Event, APEX Fun Run, and Mother-Son Dance. We need your help and ideas!
Volunteers needed on Tuesday, February 25 – We need adult volunteers to help cut, plate, and serve the students during lunch for the Mardi Gras Cake Event. Please join us in this fun-filled tradition and celebrating the start of our Lenten Season. To volunteer click here.
- FACTS SIS Alerts and Emergency Closings. In our effort to improve communication between parents and school, St. Pius X School is using a telephone broadcast system called FACTS SIS Parent Alert that will enable school personnel to notify all households and parents by phone within minutes of an emergency or unplanned event that causes early dismissal, school cancellation, or a late start. St. Pius X School will report school closings/delays on television channels WTKR 3, WVEC 13, and WAVY 10. A Parent Alert message via phone will also be issued and information will be posted on the school Facebook page St. Pius X School does not follow Norfolk Public Schools.
- After School Activities – Third Session starts on Monday, February 24, to sign up please click here. Deadline to register for Mad Science is today, February 19 and Friday, February 21 for Thursday activities. Mad Science flyer
- There will be no Homework Club or Tutoring this Thursday, February 20.
- Lunch order forms for the week of February 24. Order form and payment are due by NOON on Friday, February 21. PK Lunch Form K-8 Grade Lunch
- Milk order form for the month of March. Please submit order form and payment by NOON on Friday, February 21. March Milk Order
- CARES Program beginning Wednesday, February 26 through March 3, St. Pius X Church will be hosting the N.E.S.T. program in the Parish Hall. Therefore, CARES morning drop-off will be in the school gym (drop-off at the first set of gym doors) on the following days:
Wednesday, February 26
Thursday, February 27
Friday, February 28
Monday, March 2
Tuesday, March 3
- Family Event at Guads Mexican Restaurant on Wards Corner on Sunday, February 23 from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Join us for brunch and they will give 15% of your purchase to St. Pius X School.
- Message from St. Pius X School Athletic Department. 2020 Pee-Wee Basketball and 2020 Track Registrations are due by Monday, March 2. Registration forms will be going home with the students today.
2020.Pee Wee Basketball Registration Form
Track Registration Form
- Blood Drive – Pint-Size Hero. HOPE begins with you! St. Pius X School and Church will host a Blood Drive on Monday, March 16 from 2:45 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the Parish Hall. To schedule an appointment please click here and use code StPiusXCC. Blood Drive Flyer
- St. Pius X School invites all our mom and sons to our first Mother-Son Dance on March 21. To RSVP, please fill out the form below.
- Volunteers needed for our Annual Auction – We need volunteers for Decoration Committee, Donations of Goods or Services, Follow-Up Acquisition Team, and Homeroom Coordinators. If you are interested please contact our Committee Chairpersons, Sr. Rita Keller at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mrs. Lisa Pecil at email@example.com.
- Uniform Changes – Effective 2020-2021 School Year, all uniforms will be required to have the updated school logo. Students will be able to continue to use the previous uniform with the previous school logo through the end of the 2019 – 2020 school year only.
2019-2020 BOYS UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS
2019-2020 GIRLS UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS
Uniforms with the new school logo can be purchased from Lands’ End (Preferred School Number: 900157769) and Flynn O’Hara.
Flynn O’Hara Website