ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT COVID-19 AND SCHOOL UPDATES
FROM OUR PRINCIPAL, MR. ZAFRA
CALENDAR OF EVENTS:
27-31 Used Uniform Sale (Families must sign up using SignUp Genius, link below)
17-21 Teacher Work Week
17 Birth Certificates, Baptismal Certificates, and Health Entry Forms are due for new students and updated immunizations records due for returning students requiring immunizations
24 First Day of School!
- PK – 8th Grade Stationery (Supply) List for the 2020 – 2021 School Year – Please click on the stationery list for your child(ren)’s grade. Items in bold must be purchased from St. Pius X Catholic School (the bolded items will be in your child’s classroom on the first day of school. The cost of the items will be applied to your FACTS account).
PK3 STATIONERY LIST PK4 STATIONERY LIST K STATIONERY LIST Grade 1 2 3 STATIONERY LIST Grade 4 & 5 STATIONERY LIST Grade 6, 7 & 8 STATIONERY LIST
- Support St. Pius X Catholic School – Help St. Pius X Catholic School earn FREE educational equipment or money for education. To see how you can help click here.
- Summer Reading and IXL – The Summer Reading and IXL Summer Adventures announcement has been released. Please click on the link Summer Reading and Math to open the announcement letter. The goal of our summer reading and IXL program is to encourage students to read for pleasure as they continue to refine their reading skills and add a splash of summer learning with IXL Math and Reading Summer Adventures.
- School Uniforms – In response to input from a number of families regarding the updated uniforms that were introduced at the start of the 2019-2020 school year, we will continue to view the 2020-2021 school year as a transition year for the updated uniform. We know this is a difficult time financially and will make this adjustment. As we did last year, the only items required by families to purchase would be the updated P.E. gym shirt and P.E. gym shorts. Although we have some of the older uniforms available for purchase, that stock is limited. If your current uniform is tattered, stained, ripped or no longer fits properly, you would need to purchase used or new replacements.
- Used Uniform Sale – Families will be required to sign up using SignUp Genius. Due to social distancing guidelines, families that do not sign up will not be able to walk-in and purchase uniforms.. To sign up, please click here.
The School Office will only be accepting used uniforms bearing the NEW school logo on Friday, July 10. Please be sure your items are in a plastic bag and are clean and in good condition with no stains or fading. You may leave your bag of used uniforms on the table in the school entrance of the school.
BOYS EVERY DAY UNIFORM GUIDELINES
GIRLS EVERY DAY UNIFORM GUIDELINES
Uniforms with the new school logo can be purchased from Lands’ End (Preferred School Number: 900157769) and Flynn O’Hara.
Flynn O’Hara Website
- Message from Lifetouch regarding the 2019-2020 Yearbook – Yearbooks have shipped! Once they are delivered to the school, we will email the families that have purchased a yearbook.
- Health and Immunization Requirements – It’s time to begin thinking about health information for your children for the 2020-2021 school year. Updated health and immunization records as well as physicals must be given to the school nurse prior to school beginning in August. Required immunizations before school begins include:
– Human Papillomavirus (HPV) for girls entering 6th grade. Please read Mrs. Lazzara’s, Superintendent of Catholic Schools letter about HPV and HPV vaccines. HPV letter from Superintendent of Catholic Schools
– Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (Tdap) immunization for ALL rising 7th grade students.Health Entry Form
No medicine of any kind, neither prescription or over the counter drugs may be given at school unless an “Administration of Medicine” form is completed. This form must be signed by the child’s doctor as well as the parent or guardian. Due to the dangers of the misuse of drugs, we must enforce this Public Health service rule. Please DO NOT put any medications in your child’s lunch box or in any way encourage the self-administration of medicine at school. This practice can endanger your child and others. Medication Administration of Medication Form
- Catholic High School Fall Sports – Rising 9th graders attending CHS, please click here for conditioning dates, tryouts, and contact information. Please contact the coaches directly for updates.
- Business Office Matters:
- School Office Hours– Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. We can also be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (757) 588-6171.
- School Contracts – An electronic form-fill version of the contract has been emailed to families that have already re-registered. We ask that you please complete and submit your contract as soon as possible. Without an accurate number of students in each of our grades, we cannot ensure that we will have the supplies for your child available when the school year begins. Furthermore, your signed and returned contract allows us to provide financial aid awards to those who have applied for aid through FACTS. I know that times are difficult. For our returning families who have signed contracts, please know that we will take into consideration your FACTS application, the number of students enrolled, what you received last year and the current economic situation when we make financial aid decisions. We have a number of new families who have submitted all of their paperwork awaiting aid notification as well. For questions regarding registrations, contracts, or financial aid, please contact Mrs. Weidman at email@example.com or by calling 757-588-6171.
St. Pius X School community in accordance with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church commits itself to the education of the whole child in body, mind, and spirit.
All Things New in Christ.
-Pope Pius X