ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT COVID-19 AND SCHOOL UPDATES
CALENDAR OF EVENTS:
4 Happy 4th of July!
24 First Day of School!
- In observance of Independence Day, the School Office will be closed on Friday, July 3, 2020. We wish everyone a safe Holiday weekend!
- Summer Reading and IXL – An email will be sent out next week with information on summer reading and IXL.
- School Uniforms – In response to input from a number of families regarding the updated uniforms that were introduced at the start of the 2019-2020 school year, we will continue to view the 2020-2021 school year as a transition year for the updated uniform. We know this is a difficult time financially and will make this adjustment. As we did last year, the only items required by families to purchase would be the updated P.E. gym shirt and P.E. gym shorts. Although we have some of the older uniforms available for purchase, that stock is limited. If your current uniform is tattered, stained, ripped or no longer fits properly, you would need to purchase used or new replacements.
- Used Uniform Sale – Families will be required to sign up using SignUp Genius. Due to social distancing guidelines, families that do not sign up will not be a able to walk-in and purchased uniforms.. To sign up, please click here.
The School Office will only be accepting used uniforms bearing the NEW school logo on Friday, July 10. Please be sure your items are in a plastic bag and are clean and in good condition with no stains or fading. You may leave your bag of used uniforms on the table in the school entrance of the school. Remember to record 1 Parent Service Hour for each item donated.
BOYS EVERY DAY UNIFORM GUIDELINES
GIRLS EVERY DAY UNIFORM GUIDELINES
Uniforms with the new school logo can be purchased from Lands’ End (Preferred School Number: 900157769) and Flynn O’Hara.
Flynn O’Hara Website
- Message from Lifetouch regarding the 2019-2020 Yearbook – “Hello Families, I hope this email finds you all well and acclimated to our current reality with Covid-19. As we prepare for fall, yearbook delivery is one of the remaining items to close out our current academic year. Back in March, Lifetouch was deemed a non-essential business, and depending on individual state guidelines, had to close its production labs for a period of 6-8 weeks. Your school’s yearbook was submitted during this period and has entered into production within the last two weeks. With the main goal of keeping staff and communities safe, Lifetouch is currently operating with a reduced staff and has an estimated turn time of 4-8 weeks once a shipping address is confirmed (this may be the school address or an alternate address due to Covid-19). We will do all we can to ensure that everyone stays posted with any changes. Thank you so very much for your patience during this challenging and unprecedented time.” – Lifetouch
- Health and Immunization Requirements – It’s time to begin thinking about health information for your children for the 2020-2021 school year. Updated health and immunization records as well as physicals must be given to the school nurse prior to school beginning in August.Required immunizations before school begins include:
– Human Papillomavirus (HPV) for girls entering 6th grade.
– Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (Tdap) immunization for ALL rising 7th grade students.Health Entry FormNo medicine of any kind, neither prescription or over the counter drugs may be given at school unless an “Administration of Medicine” form is completed. This form must be signed by the child’s doctor as well as the parent or guardian. Due to the dangers of the misuse of drugs, we must enforce this Public Health service rule. Please DO NOT put any medications in your child’s lunch box or in any way encourage the self-administration of medicine at school. This practice can endanger your child and others. Medication Administration of Medication Form
- Volleyball Registration – St. Pius X School students in grades 6-8 interested in playing volleyball for the 2020-2021 School Year, please fill out the Volleyball Registration and return it to the school office by July 1.
- Catholic High School Fall Sports – Rising 9th graders attending CHS, please click here for conditioning dates, tryouts, and contact information.
- Business Office Matters:
- School Office Hours– Monday through Friday 8;00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. We can also be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (757) 588-6171.
- School Contracts – An electronic form-fill version of the contract has been emailed to families that have already re-registered. We ask that you please complete and submit your contract by Monday, June 29. Without an accurate number of students in each of our grades, we cannot ensure that we will have the supplies for your child available when the school year begins. Furthermore, your signed and returned contract allows us to provide financial aid awards to those who have applied for aid through FACTS. I know that times are difficult. For our returning families who have signed contracts, please know that we will take into consideration your FACTS application, the number of students enrolled, what you received last year and the current economic situation when we make financial aid decisions. We have a number of new families who have submitted all of their paperwork awaiting aid notification as well. For questions regarding registrations, contracts, or financial aid, please contact the school at email@example.com or by calling 757-588-6171.
St. Pius X School community in accordance with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church commits itself to the education of the whole child in body, mind, and spirit.
All Things New in Christ.
-Pope Pius X