ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT COVID-19 AND SCHOOL UPDATES
FROM OUR PRINCIPAL, MR. ZAFRA
CALENDAR OF EVENTS:
27-31 Used Uniform Sale (Families must sign up using SignUp Genius, link below)
17-21 Teacher Work Week
17 Birth Certificates, Baptismal Certificates, and Health Entry Forms are due for new students and updated immunizations records due for returning students requiring immunizations
24 First Day of School!
- School Contracts – We are currently receiving a high amount of enrollment inquiries for the 2020-2021 school year. Due to social distancing regulations, class size are limited. If you are a returning family and have not submitted your contract, we ask that you please complete and submit your contract no later than Monday, July 27. Without a contract you may lose your spot. If you are unsure or have questions regarding contracts, registrations, and financial aid please contact Mrs. Weidman at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 757-588-6171.
- Family Portal- During the 2020-2021 school year, the Family Portal and school website (www.stpiusxschoolva.org) will be your source of information. Parents will be able to view/print grades, homework, school and lunch calendars, lunch order forms, view resources, and update family information, emergency contacts, and transportation. All St. Pius X families are required to log into the Family Portal and ensure your child(ren) and family information (address, email, phone numbers, contacts) are up to date. This school year all families MUST have two emergency contacts (other than parents) on file. The school office, clinic, CARES and teachers will use the phone numbers and email provided in the Family Portal to contact you. Emergency/pick-up contacts in the Family Portal are what the school office will utilize in case of an emergency or pick-up. If an individual is not listed as a pick-up, the school will not release the student unless a parent notifies the school prior to release. To update your families information, log into the Family Portal, click on the Family tab on the left, click on the student’s (top center of the page), under Online Filing Cabinet / Web Forms, please update the child(ren)’s Family Demographic Form, Custodial Parent Form, Media Release Form, and Carpool Assignment..
Parents can login by clicking the “RenWeb” button on the school website (www.stpiusxschoolva.org). District Code is SPX-VA. New families will have to enter the District Code and click on “CreateNew ParentWeb Account.” Once logged in, families can update all the required information under “Family Information.”
To view video instructions to using the Family Portal with FACTS SIS please click here..
- PK – 8th Grade Stationery (Supply) List for the 2020 – 2021 School Year – Please click on the stationery list for your child(ren)’s grade. Items in bold must be purchased from St. Pius X Catholic School (the bolded items will be in your child’s classroom on the first day of school. The cost of the items will be applied to your FACTS account).
PK3 STATIONERY LIST PK4 STATIONERY LIST K STATIONERY LIST Grade 1 2 3 STATIONERY LIST Grade 4 & 5 STATIONERY LIST Grade 6, 7 & 8 STATIONERY LIST
*FDA hand sanitizer recall list: FDA Updates on Hand Sanitizers with Methanol FDA
- Support St. Pius X Catholic School – Help St. Pius X Catholic School earn FREE educational equipment or money for education. To see how you can help click here.
- Summer Reading and IXL – The Summer Reading and IXL Summer Adventures announcement has been released. Please click on the link Summer Reading and Math to open the announcement letter. The goal of our summer reading and IXL program is to encourage students to read for pleasure as they continue to refine their reading skills and add a splash of summer learning with IXL Math and Reading Summer Adventures.
- School Uniforms – In response to input from a number of families regarding the updated uniforms that were introduced at the start of the 2019-2020 school year, we will continue to view the 2020-2021 school year as a transition year for the updated uniform. We know this is a difficult time financially and will make this adjustment. As we did last year, the only items required by families to purchase would be the updated P.E. gym shirt and P.E. gym shorts. Although we have some of the older uniforms available for purchase, that stock is limited. If your current uniform is tattered, stained, ripped or no longer fits properly, you would need to purchase used or new replacements.
- Used Uniform Sale – Families will be required to sign up using SignUp Genius. Due to social distancing guidelines, families that do not sign up will not be able to walk-in and purchase uniforms.. To sign up, please click here.
The School Office will only be accepting used uniforms bearing the NEW school logo on Friday, July 10. Please be sure your items are in a plastic bag and are clean and in good condition with no stains or fading. You may leave your bag of used uniforms on the table in the school entrance of the school.
BOYS EVERY DAY UNIFORM GUIDELINES
GIRLS EVERY DAY UNIFORM GUIDELINES
Uniforms with the new school logo can be purchased from Lands’ End (Preferred School Number: 900157769) and Flynn O’Hara.
Flynn O’Hara Website
- 2019-2020 Yearbook – The school has received a shipment from Lifetouch. We are still missing the 2019-2020 8th grade yearbooks. Mrs. Hopper will be emailing the families that have purchased a yearbook. Once the 8th grade yearbooks come in, families will receive an email.
- Health and Immunization Requirements – It’s time to begin thinking about health information for your children for the 2020-2021 school year. Updated health and immunization records as well as physicals must be given to the school nurse prior to school beginning in August. Required immunizations before school begins include:
– Human Papillomavirus (HPV) for girls entering 6th grade. Please read Mrs. Lazzara’s, Superintendent of Catholic Schools letter about HPV and HPV vaccines. HPV letter from Superintendent of Catholic Schools VDH 2020 Health Guidelines for School Reentry
– Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (Tdap) immunization for ALL rising 7th grade students.Health Entry Form
No medicine of any kind, neither prescription or over the counter drugs may be given at school unless an “Administration of Medicine” form is completed. This form must be signed by the child’s doctor as well as the parent or guardian. Due to the dangers of the misuse of drugs, we must enforce this Public Health service rule. Please DO NOT put any medications in your child’s lunch box or in any way encourage the self-administration of medicine at school. This practice can endanger your child and others. Medication Administration of Medication Form
- Business Office Matters – School Office Hours– Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. We can also be reached by email at email@example.com or by calling (757) 588-6171.
St. Pius X School community in accordance with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church commits itself to the education of the whole child in body, mind, and spirit.
All Things New in Christ.
-Pope Pius X