ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT COVID-19 AND SCHOOL UPDATES
CALENDAR OF EVENTS:
4 Happy 4th of July!
24 First Day of School!
- Summer Camp – After reviewing the current situation and staffing and space needs, we will not offer summer camp this year. I know a number of families rely on this service, but this decision will allow us to focus on our plans for reopening school for instruction in August.
- School Uniforms – In response to input from a number of families regarding the updated uniforms that were introduced at the start of the 2019-2020 school year, we will continue to view the 2020-2021 school year as a transition year for the updated uniform. We know this is a difficult time financially and will make this adjustment. As we did last year, the only items required by families to purchase would be the updated P.E. gym shirt and P.E. gym shorts. Although we have some of the older uniforms available for purchase, that stock is limited. If your current uniform is tattered, stained, ripped or no longer fits properly, you would need to purchase used or new replacements. We will notify families when used uniforms are available for sale.BOYS EVERY DAY UNIFORM GUIDELINES
GIRLS EVERY DAY UNIFORM GUIDELINES
- Student Stationery List – List will be emailed to families the first week of July.
- Message from Lifetouch regarding the 2019-2020 Yearbook – “At this time, due to COVID-19, we have had government-mandated shut-downs that have reduced our capacity for printing yearbooks. As we work to safely return to our production facilities, be assured that everyone who ordered a yearbook will receive one. However, in certain instances the delivery of your yearbook may be delayed.” Once yearbooks are delivered to the school, we will notify everyone that ordered one.
- Health and Immunization Requirements – It’s time to begin thinking about health information for your children for the 2020-2021 school year. Updated health and immunization records as well as physicals must be given to the school nurse prior to school beginning in August.Required immunizations before school begins include:
– Human Papillomavirus (HPV) for girls entering 6th grade.
– Diphtheria, Tetanus, and Pertussis (Tdap) immunization for ALL rising 7th grade students.
No medicine of any kind, neither prescription or over the counter drugs may be given at school unless an “Administration of Medicine” form is completed. This form must be signed by the child’s doctor as well as the parent or guardian. Due to the dangers of the misuse of drugs, we must enforce this Public Health service rule. Please DO NOT put any medications in your child’s lunch box or in any way encourage the self-administration of medicine at school. This practice can endanger your child and others. Medication Authorization Form
Please make your appointments now!
- Volleyball Registration – St. Pius X School students in grades 6-8 interested in playing volleyball for the 2020-2021 School Year, please fill out the Volleyball Registration and return it to the school office by July 1.
- Business Office Matters:
- School Office Hours– Monday through Friday 8;00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. We can also be reached by email at email@example.com or by calling (757) 588-6171.
- School Contracts – An electronic form-fill version of the contract has been emailed to families that have already re-registered. We ask that you please complete and submit your contract by Monday, June 29. Without an accurate number of students in each of our grades, we cannot ensure that we will have the supplies for your child available when the school year begins. Furthermore, your signed and returned contract allows us to provide financial aid awards to those who have applied for aid through FACTS. I know that times are difficult. For our returning families who have signed contracts, please know that we will take into consideration your FACTS application, the number of students enrolled, what you received last year and the current economic situation when we make financial aid decisions. We have a number of new families who have submitted all of their paperwork awaiting aid notification as well. For questions regarding registrations, contracts, or financial aid, please contact the school at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 757-588-6171.
St. Pius X School community in accordance with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church commits itself to the education of the whole child in body, mind, and spirit.
All Things New in Christ.
-Pope Pius X