Calendar of Events
12 Mass at 8:30 a.m. All are welcome!
14 Basketball Championship at CHS
16 Virtue of the Month Ceremony at 2:15 p.m. in the Church. Blood Drive 2:45 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. in the Parish Hall
17 St. Patrick’s Day. National Tornado Preparedness and Drill at 9:45 a.m.
18 Middle School Field Trip to Jefferson Lab. Home and School Meeting at 5:30 p.m.
19 Mass at 8:30 a.m. All are welcome!
20 End of 3rd Marking Period. Apex Fun Run. NOON Dismissal
21 Mom-Son Dance at 6:00 p.m. in the Parish Hall
23 No School for Students. PD for Faculty and Staff
26 Mass at 8:30 a.m. All are welcome!
27 Report Cards Released via FACTS SIS
1 PK-4 Graduation Pictures
1-3 Self Study Visiting Team
2 Mass at 8:30 a.m. All are welcome!
6 Summer Uniforms go into effect
9 Holy Thursday. NOON Dismissal
10-17 Easter Break
20 Classes Resume
24 Early Dismissal Day (1:30 p.m.)
25 “ Under the Big Top” Annual Auction
29 VA International Tattoo Festival
- Re-registration for the 2020-2021 school year is now open. New enrollment registration and re-registration fee is $75.00. Registration forms will not be accepted without payment.
Registration Form ( Please fill out one form for each student)
Returning Families please make sure you also set up your 2020-2021 FACTS account. We hope you will continue to be part of our school community and be an active participant as we continue to grow.
- There will be no Reading Club with Mrs. Robinson tomorrow, Thursday, March 12 after school.
- Lunch order forms for the week of March 9. Order form and payment are due by NOON on Friday, March 6. PK Lunch Form K-8 Grade Lunch
- Catholic High School invites ALL interested families to their CHS Preview Day on Sunday, March 15 from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Families will have the opportunity to meet Faculty, Staff, parents, and students and learn about their academic, athletic, service, and fine arts programs. Find out about financial aid and scholarship opportunities. CHS can be your choice for excellence in education. Call the CHS Advancement Office at (757) 467-2679 for questions or more information.
- Blood Drive – Pint-Size Hero. HOPE begins with you! St. Pius X School and Church will host a Blood Drive on Monday, March 16 from 2:45 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. in the Parish Hall. To schedule an appointment please click here and use code StPiusXCC. Blood Drive Flyer
- Home and School meeting will be held on Wednesday, March 18 at 5:30 p.m. in the 8th Grade Classroom (Mrs. Glass). Please park in Carpool B and enter through the gym doors. Major topic will be Fun Day Planning. Children are welcome!. Bring your ideas and concerns!
- Apex Leadership Fun Run will be held on Friday, March 20. Please read Mr. Zafra’s letter for more details on the event. (Fun Run Letter) Volunteers are needed to help make this event a success. To sign up to volunteer click here.
- RSVP and payment for the Mother-Son Dance are due by Friday, March 13. Mother Son Dance RSVP
- Final Reminder! Soccer Shots Spring Season starts on Wednesday, March 25. The Season runs from Wednesday, March 25 to Wednesday, May 20 at St. Pius X School. Registration is open to students in grades PK3-4. To register your child please click here. For more information please contact Laura Bowers at (757) 377-5986 or email@example.com.
- “Under the Big Top” St. Pius X School Annual Auction:
– Tickets are on sale now! To purchase your ticket, please fill out this form Auctiion Ticket Sales Form and return it to the school office.
– You will be receiving an email from your child’s Homeroom Coordinator about the homeroom packages for this year’s Auction. We ask that you consider a donation of $25-$50, gift cards, or a homeroom theme item to go towards your child’s homeroom package. Donations can be turned in to the homeroom teacher or school office. If you normally pay for your service hours at the end of the year, this is a great opportunity for you to help and make a great homeroom package.
– Volunteers needed for our Annual Auction – We need volunteers for Decoration Committee, Donations of Goods or Services, Follow-Up Acquisition Team, and Homeroom Coordinators. If you are interested please contact our Committee Chairpersons, Sr. Rita Keller at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mrs. Lisa Pecil at email@example.com.
- Pets on school grounds. We ask all Families to please ensure your pet is in your car once students are dismissed and start coming down the carpool. It has become a distraction to some students, it is delaying the dismissal process, and can potentially become a safety issue. Thank you for your understanding.
- Don’t forget to order your 2019-2020 Yearbook. Cost is $28.00 each. Middle School Students, Yearbook is included in the Middle School Fee. Yearbook
- Uniform Changes – Effective 2020-2021 School Year, all uniforms will be required to have the updated school logo. Students will be able to continue to use the previous uniform with the previous school logo through the end of the 2019 – 2020 school year only.
2019-2020 BOYS UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS
2019-2020 GIRLS UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS
Uniforms with the new school logo can be purchased from Lands’ End (Preferred School Number: 900157769) and Flynn O’Hara.
Flynn O’Hara Website
St. Pius X School community in accordance with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church commits itself to the education of the whole child in body, mind, and spirit.
All Things New in Christ.
-Pope Pius X