ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT COVID-19
CALENDAR OF EVENTS:
16 St. Pius X Virtual Field Day
18 Professional Development Day. No classes for students
25 Memorial Day – No Classes
29 Last Day of Online Classes for 8th Grade Students. PK4 Graduation
30 8th Grade Graduation
3 Last Day of School for PK-7th Grade. NOON Dismissal
4 Teacher Work Day
5 Teacher Work Day. Report Cards Released via FACTS SIS
21 Father’s Day
- Graduation Ceremony for 8th Grade and PK4 – In an effort to ensure our 8th grade and PK4 students are recognized for their achievements, we are currently working on a tentative graduation plan for May 29 (PK4) and May 30 (8th Grade). More information to follow by email.
- May is Military Appreciation Month – A special month to recognize all members of our military. Not only do we pause on Memorial Day to remember the sacrifice and service of those who gave all, but the month also holds several other military anniversaries and events, including Military Spouse Appreciation Day and Armed Forces day. As a Purple Star School, St.Pius X School THANKS YOU AND SALUTES YOU!
- Virtual Field Day – Mark your calendar because this Saturday is St Pius X Virtual Field Day. Our Student Council and Mrs. Lomogda are planning an amazing event for all of our families!
Today, each family will receive an email with a Game Card and videos of how to do the activities. There will be 7 activities and if your child(ren) does 5 of the 7 they will receive a Virtual Field Day Certificate. Mrs. Lomogda will also be able to compete against your families, between 2:00-4:00 p.m. you can log onto this site: https://meet.google.com/wwb-
Don’t forget to send your pictures to Mrs. Lomogda, please use the following hashtags:
- Catholic High School – New and Interested Families, Catholic High School is still taking applications for admission and financial aid…find out more about CHS during their COFFEE with the CRU on Wednesdays and CRU CHAT on Thursdays. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for the links!COFFEE with the CRU (adults) CRU CHAT (students)Wednesday, May 20 4:00 p.m. Thursdays – Freshman 2:00 p.m.Thursdays – New Upperclassmen 4:00 p.m.
- Scholarship Application deadline for rising 5th – 8th grade St. Pius X School students is Monday, May 18, 2020. Complete applications can be emailed to Mrs. Hopper at email@example.com.
Cayce Castelow Scholarship Application
Sabato Scholarship Application
- Student Supplies – A date and time for May/June will be designated for Families to come and pick-up their child’s supplies and return textbooks and chromebooks. More information and procedures will be sent out by email. If there is something that your child needs or you will be doing a military transfer before the end of the school year, please contact the School Office by phone or email.
- Message from Lifetouch regarding the 2019-2020 Yearbook – “At this time, due to COVID-19, we have had government-mandated shut-downs that have reduced our capacity for printing yearbooks. As we work to safely return to our production facilities, be assured that everyone who ordered a yearbook will receive one. However, in certain instances the delivery of your yearbook may be delayed.” Once yearbooks are delivered to the school, we will notify everyone that ordered one.
- School Gates – The gate at the end of the driveway between the school and the Parish Office is closed for all visitors. If you need to stop by the School Office during office hours, please use the driveway by the School Office. The gate by the School Office will be closed at night and weekends. Please remember by order of the Governor all school playgrounds are closed to the public.
- Fourth Quarter – The Diocese has stated that all schools should continue regularly grading procedures. Anticipate that we could have fewer grades this quarter. Attendance and assignments are required. Teachers will continue to take daily attendance, if your child is too ill to attend online classes, please follow school procedures for reporting that your child is ill. If you have computer / internet issues please contact the school office.
- High School Credit Courses – 7th and 8th grade students taking high school credit courses will be awarded the credit assuming successful completion of the course through our remote / digital learning platform through Quarter 4.
- Middle School Final Exams – Please see the letter from Mr. Zafra in reference to Finals. Middle School letter
- Uniform Changes – Effective 2020-2021 School Year, all uniforms will be required to have the updated school logo. Students will be able to continue to use the previous uniform with the previous school logo through the end of the 2019 – 2020 school year only.
2019-2020 BOYS UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS
2019-2020 GIRLS UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS
Uniforms with the new school logo can be purchased from Lands’ End (Preferred School Number: 900157769) and Flynn O’Hara.
Flynn O’Hara Website
- Business Office Matters:
- School Office Hours– Monday through Friday 8;00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. We can also be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (757) 588-6171.
- All balances with St. Pius X School must be paid and textbooks / library books / chromebooks must be returned to the school before transcripts and final report card are released.
School Contracts – An electronic form-fill version of the contract has been emailed to families that have already re-registered. We ask that you please complete and submit your contract. For any questions or concerns, please contact Mrs. Weidman at email@example.com.
- Financial Aid Awards for the 2020-2021 School Year – Round 1 – Tuition assistance awards will be reflected on your FACTS Management account. Round 2 – Applications are presently being accepted through June 1, 2020.
- Re-registration for the 2020-2021 school year. Families can still re-register at the discounted fee of $40.00 per student. New enrollment registration fee is $75.00. Registration forms will not be accepted without payment. Registration Form ( Please fill out one form for each student)
We miss you!!
Stay safe, wash your hands and practice social distancing.
St. Pius X School community in accordance with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church commits itself to the education of the whole child in body, mind, and spirit.
All Things New in Christ.
-Pope Pius X