ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT COVID-19
CALENDAR OF EVENTS:
29 Last Day of Online Classes for 8th Grade Students. PK4 Graduation at 9:30 a.m. 8th Grade Supply Pick-Up and Drop-Off in the Gym from 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
30 8th Grade Graduation at 11:00 a.m.
2 Student Supply Pick-Up and Drop-Off for Grades 5-7 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
3 Last Day of School for PK-7th Grade. Student Supply Pick-Up and Drop-Off for Grades K-4 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. NOON Dismissal
4 Teacher Work Day
5 Teacher Work Day. Report Cards Released via FACTS SIS
21 Father’s Day
- Message from Mr. Zafra – Please click here for video.
- Graduation Ceremony for 8th Grade – Ceremony will be live streamed on our Facebook page on Saturday, May 30 at 11 a.m.
- 8th Grade Supply Pick-up/Drop Off Date – Friday, May 29 from 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in the Gym. Please wear a mask.
- Kdg. – 7th Grade Student Supply Pick-Up and Drop-Off Dates – Grades 5th-7th will pick-up/drop-off on Tuesday, June 2 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Kdg-4th grade will pick-up/drop-off on Wednesday, June 3 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
– Please bag all student textbooks and school supplies. Do not bag library books and chromebooks. Label each bag with student name and grade.
– Please write your last name on a piece of paper (large enough to read from a 6ft distance). Place the paper on the front window of your vehicle, passenger side. This will allow the teachers to easily identify your vehicle when you pull up to the breezeway.
– Please do not get out of your vehicle. This event will be a drive up, drop-off and pick-up service only.
– Please wear a mask.
– Families will enter using the driveway between the school and church.
– Drive up to the breezeway. Stations will be set-up for each grade and library/chromebook drop-off. Grades 5-7 Grades 1-4
– Library books and Chromebooks will be handed directly to Mrs. French.
Families with multiple students will be able to pick-up/drop-off on the date scheduled for the older sibling or on a scheduled pick-up/drop-off date that will work best for your family. If there is something that your child needs or you will be doing a military transfer before the end of the school year, please contact the School Office by phone or email. All textbooks / library books / chromebooks must be returned to the school before transcripts and final report card are released.
- Summer Camp and 2020-2021 School Year – Please read the last update from the Office of Catholic Schools and Mr. Zafra. Link located at the top, under ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT COVID-19.
- Message from Lifetouch regarding the 2019-2020 Yearbook – “At this time, due to COVID-19, we have had government-mandated shut-downs that have reduced our capacity for printing yearbooks. As we work to safely return to our production facilities, be assured that everyone who ordered a yearbook will receive one. However, in certain instances the delivery of your yearbook may be delayed.” Once yearbooks are delivered to the school, we will notify everyone that ordered one.
- Report Cards – Final report cards will be released on Friday, June 5.
- High School Credit Courses – 7th and 8th grade students taking high school credit courses will be awarded the credit assuming successful completion of the course through our remote / digital learning platform through Quarter 4.
- Uniform Changes – Effective 2020-2021 School Year, all uniforms will be required to have the updated school logo. Students will be able to continue to use the previous uniform with the previous school logo through the end of the 2019 – 2020 school year only.
2019-2020 BOYS UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS
2019-2020 GIRLS UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS
Uniforms with the new school logo can be purchased from Lands’ End (Preferred School Number: 900157769) and Flynn O’Hara.
Flynn O’Hara Website
- Business Office Matters:
- School Office Hours– Monday through Friday 8;00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. We can also be reached by email at email@example.com or by calling (757) 588-6171.
- All balances with St. Pius X School must be paid before transcripts and final report card are released.
- School Contracts – An electronic form-fill version of the contract has been emailed to families that have already re-registered. We ask that you please complete and submit your contract by Wednesday, June 10. For any questions or concerns, please contact Mrs. Weidman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Financial Aid Awards for the 2020-2021 School Year – Round 1 – Tuition assistance awards will be reflected on your FACTS Management account. Round 2 – Applications are presently being accepted through June 1, 2020.
- Re-registration for the 2020-2021 school year. Families can still re-register at the discounted fee of $40.00 per student. New enrollment registration fee is $75.00. Registration forms will not be accepted without payment. Registration Form ( Please fill out one form for each student)
We miss you!!
Stay safe, wash your hands and practice social distancing.
St. Pius X School community in accordance with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church commits itself to the education of the whole child in body, mind, and spirit.
All Things New in Christ.
-Pope Pius X