CALENDAR OF EVENTS
5 Level 2 Raffle Dress Down
8 1st quarter Honors Ceremony
8 Legacy Tree Form Due
10 Blood Drive- NO CARES
11 1:30 Dismissal
11 Afternoon Parent Teacher Conferences
12 No School for students
12 Parent Teacher Conferences
13 Legacy Tree Planting Ceremony @ Larrymore
15 Virtue of the Month Ceremony
22-26 Thanksgiving Break
ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT COVID-19 AND SCHOOL UPDATES
Information and Resources
NEWS AND EVENTS
To purchase your tree, please click Legacy Grove Form.
Dress Down Day: Tomorrow, November 5 is dress down day for all students who sold 20 Pirates Gold Raffle Tickets.
Dress Down Day Guidelines from Handbook:
- Students should use good taste, common sense and observe the guidelines given by the school administrators.
- Shirts must have sleeves and cover the belt/waistline. No plunging necklines, tank tops or halter tops. T-shirts that advertise alcohol, tobacco, contraband or other inappropriate sayings are not permitted.
- Frayed, torn or unsightly jeans/pants/shorts or shoes are NOT permitted to be worn.
- Short shorts (more than 4” above the knee) and mini-skirts are NOT allowed.
- Cosmetics and jewelry are to be worn in moderation.
- The administration is the final judge on the suitability of attire and/or appearance.
Hot Lunch Orders
Please check RenWeb/Family portal for the menu and to place an online order. Lunch orders are only open for the following dates: November 8 thru November 11, no advance orders at this time. Lunch orders most be submitted by Noon Friday, November 5, 2021. Cost of lunch will be added to your FACTS account.
Click PALS SOCKS to browse and shop.
In addition to Papa John’s, remember to show our other school sponsor, Fuddruckers you support. 10% of all proceeds will be donated to the school.
St. Pius X Church News
First Reconciliation and First Eucharist: We invite all Catholic 2nd graders and older to St. Pius X First Sacrament preparation. Sacramental Prep will start January 2022. First Reconciliation class will be on Saturday Mornings. Dates will be shared in November. First Eucharist celebration will be after Easter this Spring. Registration is online or you may call Cass in the parish office at 757-583-0291 ext. 13.
RCIA: Adults: Do you want to learn about the Catholic Church? Can we help you as an adult get ready for First Communion? We can assist you with these processes. Come to St. Pius X Catholic Church Open House for inquirers on October 5th at 6:30 pm in the Church. We also invite children over the age of 7 who have not been Baptized and/or received First Eucharist to enter our Children’s RCIA. Please call Cass in the parish office for information.
Baptisms: Do you have an infant or young child whom you would like Baptized? Please call Cass in the parish office to register for class and information about the next Baptisms at the parish.
Middle School Ministry: We invite your Middle School Teen to join us for EDGE Sunday at 12:00 -1:30pm @ School Entrance. The goal each Sunday is for the youth to grow in community and have fun with one another! Teens are welcomed to bring a friend. For more information or to register click the link: St. Pius X Youth Ministry – Home (weebly.com)
Welcome to our High School Dinner Nights as promised for ADVENT. We hope you can join us each Wednesday listed below. We will meet at a local restaurant near our Parish for fellowship and dinner. We will kick off on November 17th @ 7pm. Restaurant will be disclosed Sunday 14th to those who sign up. Use the link Wednesday Dinner Night to sign up.
- Sacraments. Mass will be celebrated on both Saturday and Sunday with all attendees. In addition, opportunities for Eucharistic Adoration and the Sacrament of Reconciliation will be available.
- Breakout Sessions. We will offer breakout sessions for adults and youth focused on engaging topics, including several panel-type discussions.
- Diocesan Youth Choir. We invite interested youth to participate in the Diocesan Youth Choir for Sunday Mass at DYC. Participants need to indicate if they would like to participate on their registration; these participants and their youth ministers will be notified about rehearsals during the weekend.
Reserve your spot with $50 Deposit and Registration form
Please use DYC 2022 to sign up.
St. Pius X School community in accordance with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church commits itself to the education of the whole child in body, mind, and spirit.
All Things New in Christ.
-Pope Pius X